Patient Access Clerk
|Location:||St Croix Falls, WI|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Patient Access Services|
|Description:||This Patient Access Clerk position is a full-time position, which is typically 80 hours per pay period (every two weeks). The hours of this position vary during the week from 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on a rotaion basis. The position also includes a hospital rotation, which is every fifth weekend.|
This position is responsible for patient registration duties, patient scheduling, cash drawer, coverage of telecommunication system, a variety of support tasks, and all other assigned duties.
|Duties:||1. Promotes an environment of teamwork, customer service and positive communication |
2. Perform patient registration duties and all other duties assigned.
3. Handles all functions in the telecommunication area, including cash drawer, daily on call schedule, alarm monitors, ambulance communications and customer assistance.
4. Schedules patient appointments and procedures.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Accurate keyboarding/data entry ability
• Customer service experience
• A minimum of one year of healthcare registration/scheduling experience, preferred.
• Overall knowledge of healthcare facility policies and procedures, preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to problem solve
• Manage time and prioritize tasks
• Ability to work independently
• Knowledge of Windows environment.
• Detail Oriented
Frequent: Repetitive Movement and Fine Manual Dexerity
Occasional: Walking/Standing, Reaching from above shoulder height to floor, Climbing, Pushing/Pulling 0# to 400#, Lifting/Carrying from 0# to 25#, Crawling/Kneeling/1/2 Kneeling/Stooping/Crouching/Squatting, Pivoting
Sensory: Normal Vision; Impaired Color Vision; Normal Hearing
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.